Adding Facebook to your Trengo inbox will allow you to manage all incoming Facebook conversations directly in Trengo. You can use Trengo to answer your direct messages and your mentions and comments.
Note: to connect Facebook to the Trengo inbox you need to be an Admin of the Facebook page you want to add.
To add Facebook to Trengo:
- Go to settings > channels > Facebook
- Click on the green + sign to add Facebook to your Trengo inbox.
This action will prompt you directly to Facebook. Make sure you're logging in with a Facebook account that has administrator rights.
- Next, agree to Trengo administering your Facebook Page(s).
Make sure to grant us all the requested permissions.
You'll be redirected to Trengo's Facebook settings page. Here you'll be able to see:
- Who connected the Facebook account
- Which Facebook Business Page was connected to your Trengo account.
- Fill out the form
- Internal name
Give your new Facebook channel an internal name.
Assign the team(s) that will be responsible for all incoming Facebook messages.
- Internal name
- Last, click on 'Create Channel'.
After you created a Facebook channel, you can choose which messages you would like to receive in your inbox:
- Private messages
- Feed messages, including comments to your posts and mentions.
If you want different teams to handle the different types of messages, you can create two separate Facebook channels: one for the private messages and one for the feed messages.
Make sure to save the channel after you have made the necessary changes.
Your Facebook messages will now be received in your Trengo inbox. Note: liking, sharing, and commenting still need to take place on Facebook.