Adding Instagram to your Trengo inbox will allow you to manage all your Instagram Direct Messages, Comments and Mentions directly in Trengo.
Add Instagram to Trengo
Follow the steps below to connect your Instagram page to your Trengo inbox.
2. You will be redirected to the Facebook login page. Log in with a Facebook account that is linked to the Instagram Business account and has administrator rights;
3. Select the Instagram Business account you’d like to connect and click ‘Next’;
4. Select the Facebook page that is connected to the Instagram business account and click ‘Next’;
5. Enable all permissions and click ‘Done’;
6. Click ‘OK’;
7. Configure and create the Instagram channel;
1. Internal name: The name of your Instagram channel.
2. Teams: Choose the teams that have access to the channel.
ℹ️ If you want different teams to handle the different types of messages, you can create two separate Instagram channels: one for Direct Messages and one for Instagram's comments and mentions.
3. Connected account: Here you can find the user who connected the Instagram account.
4. Instagram Business Profile: Select the Instagram account you connected.
5. Create channel: Click this button when you’re done configuring the channel.
Now you’ve created your channel, you can go ahead and configure the Instagram channel further.
8. Configure your Instagram channel and scroll down to enable or disable different features;
1. Instagram Business Profile: The Instagram account connected to this channel.
2. Connection: In case the administrator of the account changed their password, you can reconnect your Facebook page here. This is also recommendable in case you experience issues with your Instagram channel.
3. Direct Messages: In case you’d like to receive Instagram’s Direct Messages and Story Replies in Trengo, you need to enable ‘Allow access to messages’ in Instagram.
4. Comments: Enable or disable the option to receive comments on your Instagram posts in Trengo.
5. Mentions: Enable or disable the option to receive Mentions in Trengo.
Do not forget to click ‘Update channel’, and you’ve now connected your Instagram account! It is also possible to connect your Facebook page to your Trengo inbox.