Are you ready to lift your customer communication to the next level, using the WhatsApp Business API? With Trengo as your official WhatsApp Business Solution Provider, you’ll be up and running in no time.
Before you get started, feel free to learn more about the WhatsApp Business API, or directly test the WhatsApp functionality in Trengo. Maybe you are already using the WhatsApp Business App and are curious about the differences with the WhatsApp Business API, or you would like to read more about the limitations of this channel.
In case you’d like to connect a phone number that is already active on WhatsApp, please see this Trengo Help Center article.
Before we start, please ensure that these steps are done in the web browser and not in the Trengo desktop app.
Setting up your WhatsApp Business API
To connect your number to the WhatsApp Business API via Trengo, follow the steps below.
1. Navigate to Settings > WhatsApp Business and click ‘Connect your number’;
2. Carefully read the requirements needed for connection, and click ‘Get started’;
3. Agree to having a Facebook account and understanding the information, and click ‘Next’;
ℹ️ If you do not yet have a Facebook account, you can create one. Do note that some restrictions may apply within the first 24 hours.
4. Read the information on the screen, agree to have a phone number that meets all conditions, and click ‘Next’;
ℹ️ When connecting your number to the WhatsApp Business API, you won’t be able to use it with the WhatsApp (Business) App anymore.
5. Read the information on the screen, click ‘Continue with Facebook’ and follow the instructions given by Facebook;
6. Once you’re back in Trengo, check your information and click ‘Next’;
7. You have now successfully activated your number on the WhatsApp Business API and can get started straight away.
ℹ️ Make sure your Facebook Business Account is verified within 30 days of registering. As long as your Facebook Business Account is not yet verified, you will be in the ‘Trial’ phase of the WhatsApp Business API. Read more about this phase in this Meta for Developers article.