The Trengo website widget allows your site visitors to easily get in touch with you.
You can either chat with them directly via the widget or attach different channels to it such as your:
Adding a website widget to Trengo
- Go to settings >settings >website widget.
- Click on the green + sign
- Fill out the form:
- Widget title
Give your widget an internal title.
- Company display name
Click on 'here' if you want to change the publicly displayed widget name or the language settings.
- Default channel
Select the default channel for your website widget. That's the channel your visitors will see when initiating a conversation.
Recommended: Set chat as your default channel, to enable easy communication for your website visitors.
- Widget color
Select your widget's color.
- Show team
Leave the box ticked if you want to display your support team on the widget. Otherwise, untick it.
- Widget position
Select where you want your widget to be positioned on your website: left or right.
- Widget icon
Customize your widget by uploading your brand logo for example, or leave it as default.
- Hide Trengo logo
Leave the box unticked if you want to display Trengo's branding on your widget, otherwise tick the box.
And don't forget to click on 'Create widget'.
Installing your widget
There are 2 ways to install your widget to your website:
Option 1: By pasting the widget script into your website's HTML source code.
Option 2: Via Google Tag Manager.
Let's discover option 1: sourcing the widget script into your website's HTML source code.
Via source code.
- From your inbox, go to your navigation panel >settings >settings >webiste widget and select the widget you want to install to your website.
- Next, click on 'Installation'.
- Copy your widget's script.
- Paste the code into every page before the closing </head> tag where you want your widget to appear.
- Final step: click on 'Update widget'.
Via Google Tag Manager.
- Go to Google Tag Manager and select the account you want to install your widget on.
- Click on 'Create Tag'.
- Give your new Trigger a name.
- Next, click on 'Tag Configuration', scroll down to 'Custom' and select 'Custom HTML'.
- Paste in your widget's script and tick off 'support document.write'.
To find your widgets script: go to your navigation panel >settings >settings >website widget and select the widget you want to install to your website. Click on 'installation' and copy your widget's script.
- Next, set the trigger that'll fire your tag.
To trigger your widget on all pages, select 'all pages.
- Click on save and submit your tag.
Save your tag and...
Adding the widget to a Wordpress website
Does the organization use WordPress for the website? Then the widget is easy to place in this way.
Via the WordPress Plugin
With the help of the web developer
Adding channels to your widget
The more channels you attach to your widget, the more choice you give your visitors to reach you. Regardless of which channel they choose, you'll receive your conversations in your Trengo inbox.
To attach a channel to your widget:
- Go to your navigation panel >settings >settings >website widget and select the widget you want to attach a channel to.
- Select the channel you want to attach.
💡Note that only activated channels can be attached to a widget.
- Next, tick the box to enable it and select the right channel.
Last step: save your progress.