With Trengo, it’s possible to add an SMS channel via your Twilio account, and send SMS messages or SMS broadcasts to your customer. In this article, we’ll show you how to add this channel.
ℹ️ If you do not have a Twilio account, feel free to create one.
Add SMS to your Trengo inbox
Follow the steps below to connect your Twilio account via a SMS channel to your Trengo inbox.
1. Navigate to Settings > Channels > SMS and click the ‘plus’ icon;
2. Choose an internal name for your channel and add the team(s) responsible for this channel;
3. Click ‘Add new account’;
4. A pop-up window will appear, asking for your Twilio Account SID and Twilio Auth Token;
ℹ️ You can find your Twilio Account Sid and Twilio Auth Token by navigating to your Twilio Console and logging in with your credentials. The information can be found under ‘Account info’.
5. Copy and paste your Twilio Account SID and Twilio Auth token in the Trengo window and click ‘Add account’;
6. Select if this SMS channel is ‘One-way’ or ‘Two-way’;
🔘 One-way (send only): This is a non-reply SMS. The receiver won't be able to respond to your SMS. The one-way SMS method is mainly used for important updates or news. Be aware that due to national or local legislation the use of a one-way SMS channel may not be allowed in your country.
🔘 Two-way (send and receive): Send and receive SMS messages.
7.1. In case you chose ‘One-way’, add your sender name;
7.2. In case you chose ‘Two-way’, select the phone number you’d like to use;
8. Make sure ‘Agent conference’ is enabled for your Twilio account;
7. Click ‘Create channel’.
You’ve now successfully set up your SMS channel in Trengo, and connected your Twilio account and phone number to it.