Adding Telegram to your Trengo inbox will allow you to manage all incoming messages directly in Trengo.
To add Telegram to your Trengo inbox you need an admin account.
- First, we need to install Telegram on our computer.
- If you don't have an account yet, connect your phone number.
- Click on 'BotFather' and initiate a new conversation by typing '/newbot'.
- Next, you'll need to pick a name for your new bot.
We called it "Examply".
- Now, send one more message with your bots username and 'bot' at the end.
- Now, copy the access token and go to your Trengo settings.
Go to settings > channels > telegram and click on the green + sign to add Telegram to your Trengo inbox.
- Scroll down and paste the access token in 'Token'. The username will be filled in automatically.
- Assign the team that'll be responsible for Telegram and give a distinguishable name.
- Once you're done, scroll to the bottom of the page and make sure to hit 'Create Channel'.
Awesome. 🎉 For now on you'll be able to respond to all incoming Telegram conversation in Trengo.