Connecting Trengo and Magento 1 is extremely easy and doesn't require any coding experience. The integration allows you to view the order history of your customers directly in Trengo.
To connect Magento 1 and Trengo:
- Log in to the Admin Panel of your Magento installation.
- Navigate into the system to "SOAP Roles" and create a SOAP Role by selecting "Add New Role" in the top right corner.
- Enter a Role Name with your admin password and click ‘Save Role’.
- Make sure you’ve selected at least these permissions in the ‘Role Resources’ tab, which can be found on the left side of the screen:
- Now add a SOAP User via System --> SOAP User.
- After you've chosen "Add new User", fill in the form, the ‘User Name’ and the ‘API Key’ will be required in Trengo.
- In the ‘User Role’ tab, choose the Role which you’ve just created and click ‘Save User’.
- Copy the Username and API key which are just created within User info.
Next, follow these steps within Trengo to establish a connection:
- Navigate to settings within the Trengo account and choose "Apps & Integrations".
- Select the "Apps" function.
- Add a new App with the green +-button.
- Give the integration a name (for example "Magento [name webshop]").
- Select "Magento" as an App-type.
- Fill-out the webshop URL and Admin URL.
- Past the information just copies from the SOAP User within Magento 1.
- Save changes.
After following all these steps, Trengo and Magento 1 are successfully connected. All the employees can now see customer information from Magento 1 in Trengo.
Congratulations! 🎉Your customer's information will now be visible in your Trengo inbox.
Pro tip: to speed up the API go to your Magento account and navigate to >system >configuration >services >Magento Core API. Now click on 'Enable WSD Cache' and choose 'Yes' and finally on 'Save Config'.