When a customer reaches out to you via different channels, different contacts are created. You might want to group these contacts together in a profile. In this article, we’ll explain everything you need to know about profiles in Trengo.
Profiles in Trengo
Profiles are a collection of contacts and contact moments. In other words, they are a compilation of different contacts and contact moments by the same customer.
An example case in which you want to use profiles, would be when our fictional customer Peter B. reaches out to us via Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. Two contacts are created: one for Facebook Messenger and one for WhatsApp. To keep an overview of all conversations created by Peter B., we’ll create a profile.
Grouping contacts in profiles
You can add a contact to a profile directly in a ticket. Navigate to the conversation and click ‘Attach profile’ in the right sidebar.
Now, you can choose to look up an already existing profile and add the contact to it, or create a new profile.
Editing a profile
You can create a new profile, or edit an existing profile at any time, by following the steps below.
1. Click the ‘Contacts’ icon on the left sidebar and select ‘All profiles’;
2. Create a new profile by clicking ‘Create profile’, or you edit one, by looking it up and selecting the preferred profile;
3. If you choose to edit a profile directly by clicking the existing profile, there are several actions you can perform.
1. Name: Edit the name of your profile.
2. Profile fields: Any custom-created profile fields can be found here.
3. Delete profile: To fully delete a profile, click this button. Do note that deleted profiles can not be retrieved.
4. Contacts: Here you can see all contacts in this profile, sorted by through which channel the conversation was created. To directly open a new ticket with one of these contacts, click the ‘plus’ sign. In case you’d like to detach the contact from this profile, click the ‘cross’ icon.
5. Notes: Add some handy notes to the profile, to keep all your knowledge about this customer in one place.
6. Contact moments: Find all the different conversations you had within this profile in one place, and open them directly by clicking the specific ticket.