First, we need to add a chatbot to your Trengo account, we'll need two things:
- Admin account
- Google Cloud key
To set up your Chatbot
- Go to your navigation panel >settings >chatbots.
- Click on the + sign.
- Fill out the form:
- Internal title
Give your chatbot a name so, your team can recognize it.
- Chatbot language
Here you set the language of your chatbot. Note: it is important that the language filled out here, is equal to the language in Google Dialogflow
Here you assign the right channels to your new chatbot.
- Google Cloud Key
That's where you paste in your Google Cloud Key
- Internal title
How to retrieve your Google Cloud key:
- Go to Dialogflow and log in with your Google Account. Allow Dialog to access your Google Account and accept their terms & conditions.
- Next, click on 'create agent'.
- Here you can name your chatbot, select the right language and time zone, and click create.
- You should be seeing the following screen now. Click on 'settings'.
- Active 'Enable beta features and API's'.
- Next, click on your project ID. You'll be redirected to Google Cloud Console.
- Go to 'IAM & Admin' and click on 'Service Accounts'
- Let's create a new service account.
- Next, name your service account and give a short description and click on 'create'.
Name your service account after your chatbot.
- Now we'll assign the right permission to our service account. Search for and assign the following roles:
1. Dialogflow API Admin
2. Dialogflow API Client and click 'continue'.
- We skip this step and click on 'done'.
- Click on the three dots next to your created service account and choose 'create key', then choose JSON as the key type and click 'create'.
- Your Google Cloud key has been saved to your computer.
- Go to your Google Cloud Console >API and Services >Dashboard.
- Click on 'Enable APIs and Services and search for 'Dialogflow API' and make sure it's enabled.
Next, let's start with the chatbot's settings.