There are two ways you can Send SMS in Trengo:
- Using the new conversation-icon from your inbox
- Using the SMS-button from the left menu
Send an SMS directly from the inbox
Here's how you send out SMS in the Trengo inbox:
- Start a new conversation as usual and select the right sender channel.
- Next, select your recipients. Here it's important that you use the right international phone number format.
🇳🇱 316 instead of 062
🇬🇧 4479 instead of 079
🇺🇸 1202 instead of 0202
- Insert your message and click on send.
Note that there is a maximum amount of 160 characters set to SMS. Should your SMS exceed the maximum amount, several messages will be created and charged to your Trengo account.
Sending an SMS via the SMS center
Here's how to send an SMS via the SMS center
- Click on the SMS icon on the left menu and go to SMS
- Fill out the fields:
Select the country and fill out the number of the receiving contact.
Select the sender channel.
Write your message. Note that there is a maximum amount of 160 characters set to SMS. Should your SMS exceed the maximum amount, several messages will be created and charged to your Trengo account. The count for the number of characters and messages can be found at the bottom right of the message.
- Click Send message
If you're sending out SMS to European customers, we'd advise you to check if your SMS is GDPR compliant.