Customers always want to be able to communicate with a company anywhere and anytime. Does the company have a Facebook page, then chances are that customers will ask questions via Facebook Messenger. But it's of course not the intention that the staff is on Facebook all day long. Connect Facebook with Trengo and let Messenger messages arrive in the clear inbox. Making a connection is very easy!
Connecting a Facebook page
To link a professional Facebook page to Trengo, navigate to the Settings of the Trengo account. Then you choose "Facebook" under Channels. A new Facebook channel can be added via the green + button. This button leads you to Facebook, prompting you to log in. It's important that you log in with the account that has administrator rights for the business Facebook page. You must agree to Trengo administering your page(s) (only for processing messages via Trengo) and sending/receiving messages via the pages you administer. After logging in, the page returns to the Channel Settings in Trengo.
At the bottom of the window, you will find the data relating to the page to be linked.
At the top you'll find the person who's logged into Facebook: the person who gives permission to connect Trengo to the Facebook page. In the drop-down menu on the bottom of the page, all Facebook pages are collected that this person's responsible for. Select the page to be linked here.
Good to know: whoever connects Trengo and Facebook, ensures that messages from Facebook Messenger end up in Trengo's inbox. Placing, liking, sharing or responding to messages from Facebook still happens in Facebook.
Settings within the Facebook channel
During the linking of the Facebook channel, several things can be set up, in order to ensure that the channel stands out and is easy to work with.
- Title: is it the intention that several Facebook pages are connected to Trengo? Then ensure a clear internal name is chosen, so that the different Facebook pages can easily be distinguished from each other.
- Auto Replies: if Enabled is displayed here, the messages set under Auto Replies will be listed in a Messenger conversation on the basis of the opening hours when a customer starts a conversation.
- Teams: which teams have access to the Facebook messages?
- Color: make sure that a Facebook channel is even more noticeable in the inbox by giving the channel a color.
- Notification email: are not all communication channels linked to Trengo yet? By means of notifications you can ensure that employees are informed of a new Facebook Messenger message via email. To make sure that nothing's missed, we advise you to always have Trengo open (in the background). In that case no email notification is required, but (push) notifications are shown as soon as a new message arrives.
If everything is set up correctly, you can choose "Create channel" and with this the Facebook channel is actually created!
It's always possible to change settings in the channel via Settings -> Facebook -> Click on the specific channel. Always save the changes in order to preserve them!