Flowbots are the perfect digital employees. Thanks to asking questions or giving multiple choice options, this virtual assistant can provide a customer with the correct information and / or refer a well-prepared conversation to an employee. Flowbots have so many possibilities that every organisation can build a Flowbot that matches their style. The Flowbot can be activated on almost every channel: Website chat, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, WhatsApp, WeChat and SMS (Two way).
Build a Flowbot, the basics
Building a Flowbot happens step-by-step and there are several options per step. This article describes the basics for inserting steps in the Flowbot.
- Navigate to Settings -> Flowbots and click on "Create Flowbot" to create a new Flow.
- There is already an example step ready that can be used to get started. Tip: give each step a recognizable name, this makes referring to the next step a lot easier.
- Next, enter the information provided in the first step. Consider requesting customer data (name, company name, etc), for example. In this article we explain how this information can easily be linked to a contact in Trengo.
- Collected enough information? Then add a Button or an action to help the customer through the Flow.
Buttons can lead to the next step in a Flowbot and actions can, for example, ensure that a conversation is assigned to an employee.
- Build the different steps that a customer can go through in a Flowbot step by step. A finished Flowbot can look like this:
When all steps have been set up, it is time to further configure the chatbot. Click on "Configure your Flowbot " to continue to the settings.
Asking various types of questions and sharing information
The Flowbot can share all kinds of information with the customer and can also ask the customer questions. The following forms of content are possible:
- Share information through text
- Videos or images to enhance a story.
- Documents for the customer or chatter.
- Delays help creating a personal experience.
- Asking for information from the chatter.
- Connect the customer to the right location thanks to the location finder.
- Connect and combine thanks to Dynamic content.
- Test the Flowbot in it's Playground.