Do not all employees in the organization work in Trengo, but are do people use Outlook as well? Link Trengo to Gmail to maintain an overview and work as a team.
How does it work?
By connecting Trengo to Outlook, all emails from the connected email address are forwarded to Trengo, where colleagues can assign these messages to answer them.
In G Suite / Gmail, every message that arrives in Trengo will be labeled. A message that is in "New" will be labeled "Trengo New". If the message is picked up in Trengo, then this label is changed to "Trengo assigned" and if a message is closed in Trengo, colleagues will see this in Gmail / G Suite thanks to the "Trengo closed" label. This way everyone immediately knows whether a message is being answered or not.
How can it be set?
Gmail is linked to Trengo by following these steps:
- Navigate to Settings -> E-mail and create a new channel (Add Email).
- Choose "Add your Outlook account"
- Choose "Login with your Microsoft account"
- You will be redirected to the Outlook login page. Log in with the e-mail address that needs to be connected to Trengo and use the corresponding password.
- After being redirected it is time to set the preferred settings for this channel:
- Give the channel a recognizable name and a team that will be responsible for answering the incoming messages.
- Set a signature.
- Choose whether or not Auto Replies are sent.
- Decide whether the entire conversation is sent to the customer, or only single messages.
- Are emails on this channel merged or not in one conversation?
- Your own style for creating e-mails? Use themes!
- Enable the spam filter.
- Click on Create channel to activate the channel.
After following these steps it is time to start answering emails.