By following these steps it is possible to connect a Twilio WhatsApp number to Trengo:
- Create a Twilio account on: https://www.twilio.com/try-twilio
- Navigate to the WhatsApp Console and click on the link to the request form and complete this form with all data.
Please note: a Facebook Business ID is required for the application. Read here where the Facebook Business ID can be found.
- Twilio will send an email to make an appointment for a phone call to discuss the request.
- If the application has been approved for the organization, it is possible to get up to 5 numbers approved within WhatsApp.
Good to know: it is only possible to buy a phone number at Twilio to use this number within their WhatsApp solution.
- Twilio will send a Facebook invite. So the next step is: accepting the Twilio Facebook invite.
- Add the WhatsApp numbers in the Twilio Console.
The following form is displayed via the Twilio Console -> Programmable Sms -> WhatsApp -> Senders. By filling out this form, a channel is created in Twilio.
- After the number has been verified and assigned in Twilio, the WhatsApp channel can be further configured by setting a recognizable profile photo. Also check if the profile information with the number is still correct.
- If all of this is correct, a channel can be created in Trengo to connect the WhatsApp number to your inbox.
- Don't forget to update the Balance in Twilio with a WhatsApp credit.
Steps in Trengo
- Navigate to Settings -> WhatsApp Business and create a new channel via the green +.
- Give the channel a recognizable name (for example WhatsApp [organization name]), link the right team and choose the right settings such as the channel's choice and the relevant opening times.
- Next, enter the phone number that has been approved for WhatsApp in Twilio. This can be done within the settings of the channel.
(NB: enter this number in international format using 31 instead of +31 or 06).
- Select "Twilio" as the provider.
- The lines "Account SID" and "Twilio Auth Token" are now displayed. Under Account SID, enter the Twilio Account SID. This is in the homepage of the Twilio Console .
- Copy the "Twilio Auth Token" from the Twilio Console and paste it in Trego. Here is described where this token can be found.
- Choose whether or not to use the SMS fallback function and if so select the SMS channel that will be used.
- Click on Create Channel to create the channel.
Below the settings of the channel in Trengo, under Settings a Webhook has been created. Copy this Webhook and paste it into the Twilio channel (via Programmable SMS -> WhatsApp -> Senders) the following way:
Then save the channel to complete the link. From now on the organization can use WhatsApp via Twilio in Trengo!