With the Magento 1 integration in Trengo it is possible to view the order history of a customer in Trengo. By means of an e-mail address or telephone number, Trengo "searches" within Magento whether a contact already exists and what his order status is.
Hoe is deze koppeling te realiseren?
Het verbinden van Magento 1 met Trengo gebeurd door de volgende stappen te volgen in Magento:
- Log into the Admin Panel of your Magento installation.
- Navigate into system to "SOAP Roles" and create a SOAP Role by selecting "Add New Role" in the top right corner.
- Enter a Role Name with your admin password and click ‘Save Role’.
- Make sure you’ve selected at least these permissions in the ‘Role Resources’ tab, which can be found on the left side of the screen:
- Now add a SOAP User via System --> SOAP User.
- After you've chosen "Add new User", fill in the form, the ‘User Name’ and the ‘API Key’ will be required in Trengo.
- In the ‘User Role’ tab, choose the Role which you’ve just created and click ‘Save User’.
- Copy the Username and API key which are just created within User info.
Next, follow these steps within Trengo to establish a connection:
- Navigate to settings within the Trengo account and choose "Apps & Integrations".
- Select the "Apps" function.
- Add a new App with the green +-button.
- Give the integration a name (for example "Magento [name webshop]").
- Select "Shopify" as an App-type.
- Fill-out the webshop URL and Admin URL.
- Past the information just copies from the SOAP User within Magento 1.
- Save changes.
After following all these steps, Trengo and Magento 1 are successfully connected. All the employees can now see customer information form Magento 1 in Trengo.
Tips for enhancing the connection between Trengo and Magento
These steps will significantly improve your API’s speed.
- Go into System > Configuration
- Scroll down to Services > Magento Core API
- And at ‘Enable WSDL Cache’ choose ‘Yes’ and click ‘Save Config’.