Are you currently using the Whatsapp Business API with a different partner than 360Dialog, Messagebird, or Twilio? Good news! It is possible to move your number over to our Business Partner 360dialog and connect it to Trengo. This is the process of "porting a WhatsApp number"
Please check if you can apply for number porting first:
- You need to be able to re-verify the number: it should be able to receive an automated phone call or text message.
- Your Facebook Business account needs to be verified already.
- Two-factor verification needs to be disabled for the number. Please reach out to your current partner to enable this.
- The person starting the porting request needs to have access to the organization's Facebook Business environment in order to accept the invite from 360dialog.
Step 1: Port your number to our partner
To migrate the number to 360dialog, please take the following steps:
- Fill out this porting form from 360dialog.
With this form, it is possible to request WhatsApp to transfer your number from one Business Partner to another.
- Accept 360dialog to host your number:
There will be an invite send to your Facebook Business account. Click on the link after the form to accept the invite from 360dialog.
- Verify your number
Verify your number to activate it in WhatsApp Business again. Choose your verification method (phone or SMS) and await the call or message with the 6 digit code. Fill out the code in the screen from 360Dialog:
- Generate the API Key
Once you've verified your number, you will be redirected to your 360Dialog dashboard.
Here you can see the status of your request, details belonging to the number, and manage templates. But let's get you connected first.
To connect your number to Trengo, you will need its API key. To get one, click on "Generate API key" on this screen. A pop-up will show with an API key. Copy it and go back to the tab where you have Trengo open.
Step 2 Create a channel in Trengo
- Navigate to Settings --> WhatsApp Business and click on "Connect your number"
- We'll show you exactly what's coming next. You can skip step 2, since you already created an account at our Business Partner.
- Read through the next screen, as we inform you all about how the WhatsApp Business API works:
Just a reminder that these limitations from WhatsApp are similar to your previous Business Partner.
- After agreeing to the policies from WhatsApp, you land on the next page:
- Using the Whatsapp API on an existing account
This is no longer the case, since you just activated the number at our Business partner.
- No extra charges
During the Whatsapp process, Facebook says that you will be charged by 360dialog for WhatsApp Business. But we got you covered on this, so there will be no extra charges on connecting your number.
- Connect on your account
Click on this button, which will trigger a registration page for 360dialog. You can close this registration page, but clicking on this button will enable the fields for the API keys:
Past the API key you copied from the 360Dialog account in its field and check if the API address is similar to the one you get from 360dialog and click on Submit.
Your channel has now been created and you are almost ready to use it!
Step 4: the channel's settings
Finally, decide who's got access and what needs to happen with all those messages in the channel's settings:
If all these settings have been set up, you can start sending Whatsapp messages from Trengo!
What happens to my conversation history and templates?
Currently, it is not possible to transfer your conversation history between Business Partners. Templates will automatically be transferred to 360dialog if they meet the following conditions:
- The template has been approved by WhatsApp
Templates that are still pending review or have been declined will not be transferred.
- The template is of good quality
If you miss templates from your previous Business Partner in the 360dialog dashboard, these templates were likely qualified as "low quality" templates that were likely to be canceled by WhatsApp. You can reach out to 360dialog for support to see if you can recreate these templates.
To link these templates to Trengo, or to create new templates, please check this article.