When an administrator has created a new integration with Trengo within the Trengo account, the system is basically ready to quickly share incoming conversations on Slack with Trengo. A great tool for sharing new leads with the entire Sales team, or for briefly discussing a question with Support colleagues, for example.
Log in and start sharing
In order to use the connection, an agent needs to be logged in with Slack in Trengo. In order to login, the next steps need to be followed.
- Open a conversation and navigate to the right side of the screen in order to switch from the contact overview to the Slack integration (Dropdown Menu "Contact").
- Click on the "Sign in" button.
- Log in with your own Slack account.
- Give Trengo permission to share information and make sure everything is set as shown below.
- Click on the green "Authorize" button to give Trengo permission. After that has been done, Slack has been connected with Trengo. From now on it is easy to share information.
Once Slack is connected, a chat window is displayed on the right-hand side. Choose the channel with which the conversation can be shared, type a message and choose "Send". The message (including content) is shared into the chosen channel in Slack and can be discussed internally. Super convenient!