Connecting Magento 2 with your Trengo-inbox allows you to view the order history of your customers directly in Trengo. In this article, we’ll show you how to do this.
Integrating Magento 2
Follow the steps below to integrate Magento 2 with your Trengo-inbox.
1. Head to your Magento Admin Panel and navigate to Menu > System > Integrations;
2. Click ‘Add New Integration’;
3. Enter a name for the integration and add the password of your Magento user;
4. Select ‘API’, set ‘Resource Access’ to ‘All’, and click ‘Save’;
ℹ️ If you do not want to set ‘Resource Access’ to ‘All’, at least enable Sales > Operations > Orders > Actions > View, and Customers > All Customers > Actions > Delete > Reset password > Invalidate tokens.
5. The newly created integration will have the status ‘Inactive’, click ‘Activate’ to activate the integration;
6. Click ‘Allow’;
7. Your API credentials will be shown. Copy and save them, as you’ll need them later. Click ‘Done’;
9. Select ‘Apps’ and click the ‘plus’ button;
10. Give your app a name and select ‘Magento 2’ from the ‘App type’ dropdown;
11. Set up your app in Trengo;
1. Name: The name of your app, which should already be filled in.
2. App type: This is set to ‘Magento 2’.
3. Shop URL: Add The direct link to your webshop, including ‘https://www.’.
4. Admin URL: The link to the admin page of your webshop, including ‘https://www’. This is the page where you go to when you log in to your webshop.
1. Consumer Key: Enter the consumer key you created earlier (step 7).
2. Consumer Secret: Enter the consumer secret you created earlier (step 7).
3. Access Token: Enter the access token you created earlier (step 7).
4. Access Token Secret: Enter the access token secret you created earlier (step 7).
Click save changes, and you’ve now successfully integrated your Magento 2 account with Trengo. To view the additional information in your Trengo-inbox, simply open a conversation and check the right sidebar.