Keep track of your customer's order history and contact information by installing the Magento 2 sidebar integration.
Steps to take in Magento 2
First, you need to create a new integration in the Magento 2 Admin Panel by taking the following steps:
- In the Magento Admin Panel menu, select System> Integrations.
- On the Integrations page, click Add New in the top right corner.
- On this page, enter a name for the integration and the password of your Magento user.
💡Tip: use the name "Trengo" for the integration to be easily recognized.
- Click API to configure the resources this integration will have access to.
- Trengo requires the following resources:
- Sales > Orders > Actions > View
- Customers > All Customers
If selected, it should look like this:
- Click Save to save the new integration.
- Find the newly created integration, it will have the status inactive, click Activate to activate the integration.
- In the pop-up, confirm that you are giving this integration access to the selected resources.
- Copy and paste the Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Token and Access Token Secret, as you'll need it in the next step.
Click 'Done' in the top right corner to close the popup.
Add Magento 2 to Trengo
Now that the Magento integration for Trengo has been created, it's time to add it to Trengo as well.
- Navigate to **Settings > Apps & Integrations > Apps**
- Click on the green + to add a new app
- Give the app a recognizable name and select "Magento 2" from the dropdown menu.
- Fill out the form:
- Shop url
The direct link to your webshop, including https://www.
- Admin url
The link to the admin page of your webshop, including https://www. (this is the page where you go to when you login to your webshop).
- Consumer key
Paste the Consumer key you just copied from Magento 2 here.
- Consumer secret
Paste the Consumer secret you just copied from Magento 2 here.
- Access token
Paste the Access token you just copied from Magento 2 here.
- Access Token Secret
Paste the Access token secret you just copied from Magento 2 here.
- Shop url
- Click on "Save changes" to update the sidebar app.
Congrats, you've now finished integrating Magento 2 with Trengo.